I’ve compiled a list of things that may help ease the anxiety and grief we feel when trying to decide whether or not it’s time to help our pets die. These are not fool proof ideas nor is this a one-size-fits-all compilation. They are what they are…..ideas. You may find one or two that may be helpful to you.[fancy_numbers variation=”wheat”]
- Our pets are depending on us to take care of them… in life and in death.
- Our pets love and trust us to make the right decisions for them.
- Addressing unrelieved pain and suffering in our pets is our responsibility and obligation.
- If we think our pets are in pain, they probably are.
- When it’s time, helping our pets to die is the most unselfish thing we can do for them.
- Sometimes we have to set aside our own needs in favor of what’s best for our pets.
- Grieving for a lost pet is not silly…..no matter what we may hear from friends and family.
- Allowing ourselves time to grieve when we lose a pet is important and always a good idea before thinking of getting another pet.
- Trying to replace our lost pets is like trying to chase the wind… it doesn’t make sense and it’s an impossible feat.
- Helping our pets to die instead of lingering in pain and suffering is the most loving thing we will ever do for them.
No matter how hard, no matter how difficult…..our responsibility and obligation is to come to their aid.